2017 South Dakota CTE Conference has ended
Register for the CTE Conference HERE.

Learn how to earn college credit at the CTE Conference HERE.

View the CTE Conference Program HERE.  

More questions? Check out the conference FAQ.
Back To Schedule
Tuesday, August 1 • 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Soft Skills in Your Lesson Plans

Sign up or log in to save this to your schedule, view media, leave feedback and see who's attending!

Experts estimate that 15% of a person's workplace/career success comes from their technical skills and the other 85% comes from their soft skills. Soft skills are the personal attributes, personality traits, or simply a person's people skills. This presentation will discuss the importance of being a team player, being flexible, effective communication, problem-solving, being able to accept feedback and make positive changes from it, having confidence, being a creative thinker, and networking. Along with discussion, attendees will enjoy great videos emphasizing the importance of these skills and handouts to be used with their students. This presentation is designed to give instructors ideas of how to incorporate soft skills into their curriculum and lesson plans to aide students in getting ready for employment.

avatar for Georgina Cavin

Georgina Cavin

Accounting Instructor, Southeast Technical Institute
Georgina D. Cavin, MBA, has been an Accounting and Business Administration Instructor with Southeast Technical Institute since 1999. Prior to becoming full time with Southeast, she worked in industry in several accounting related areas. She holds a post-secondary credential from... Read More →

Tuesday August 1, 2017 3:00pm - 4:30pm CDT
Walder Room SDSU Student Union